From April, the new Boiler Plus legislation, which is part of the Heat In Buildings policy, will mean that new gas-fi red combi boiler replacement installations in England must be installed with either a smart, load or weather compensation control or a flue gas heat recovery unit. Rest assured, Worcester Bosch has every option covered.
What does Boiler Plus mean?
Essentially Boiler Plus is a new set of regulations, which affects only heating engineers in England and will change how new gas-fired combi boilers are installed into existing heating systems.
The main crux of the legislation is:
- Combi boiler replacements must have a minimum efficiency of 92% ErP
However, homeowners and installers must then select from four different energy-saving measures to work alongside this:
- Load compensation control
- Weather compensation control
- Smart thermostat with automation and optimisation
- Flue gas heat recovery unit with a time and temperature control
Boiler Plus made easy with a new Worcester Bosch Boiler
Rest assured Worcester ticks all the boxes to ensure you are Boiler Plus compliant.
- Choose any award-winning Greenstar combi boiler
- Fit a Greenstar Comfort I, Comfort II, Sense or Worcester Wave control
- It’s that easy!
You can also fit the following with any Greenstar combi boiler and comply:
- Worcester MT10 mechanical timer and Greenstar Sense I
- Greenstar Comfort and Greenstar Sense I
- Worcester MT10 RF and Weather Sensor
For more information on Boiler Plus, click here or call our Technical Support helpline on 0330 123 3366.